Friday, April 22, 2011

How Sweet It Is... To be 16!

Donna had contacted me a few weeks ago about a Sweet 16 Cake for her daughter. I wasn't able to picture the theme of the cake until I received this awesome copy of her invitation!  I knew exactly what to do and got right to preparing the fondant and coloring!
The cake was my moms amazing vanilla cake, with raspberry jelly compote(Leftovers are sitting in my fridge and being used on toast!)
There isn't an easy way to do the cheetah other than by hand...which took forever but I decided to copy the EXACT invitation cheetah! I know, a little OCD but so worth it!

I decided to put Victoria's name inside of the exact shape on the invitation to make the invite incorporated into the cake.

And, anyone who thinks zebra stripes are easy... Try again! This took the longestbecause I wanted to stay true to the invitiation with smaller thinner stripes.

Happy Sweet 16 Victoria!

Love and Sprinkles,
Mrs Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment