Monday, April 11, 2011

Grams Turns 80... And we feed her sweet tooth!

Our Grandmother turned 80 April 9th. Those of you who know her... know she is one of the pure of heart... probably one of the only pure of heart left in the world. My amazing family had been planning it for months, and couldn't wait!
 Her theme was Pearls, Yellow and pink roses.. oh and of course... BASEBALL!
My cousin Chrissy was so upset to find out she wouldnt be able to eat the Lemon and Lemon buttercream filled cake ! Grams was going to be taking them home so I promised to make her a cake soon... (I did yesterday Boston Creme!)
Grams LOVES roses and pearls and Baseball. So, when it came time to make her cake I decided to go with the theme of elegant and add a baseball in there somewhere!
Our Grams is the Yankee's BIGGEST fan. She is an awesome lady and how could I not add the baseball in there somewhere?
So, On top of a pillow, with scattered roses, I added that ball lol...
I came across this picture when I was looking through the cake ones, and it brought a tear to my eyes. I couldnt believe how amazing it is to have captured such a happy moment. Great Grandma Cupcake, Mrs Cupcake, and Babycake all together.
 I had to add a picture of my Grandfather and Grandmother because it went so beautifully with the theme.



To go with the theme, I decided (Naturally) to go with the newest edition to our company... The chocolate chip cookie favours!!!!
I had some left over yellow flowers from Gina's shower and since the theme was pink and yellow, I said... Why not!
See by the favour tag how it goes nicely!
I really loved using the new lettering I had, and since grams loves white gold i guess silver is okay lol


Well, That's about it!
Love and Sprinkles,
Little Mrs Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment