Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gumdrops and Ice cream and sprinkles...Oh My!

Can you guess what the theme of this cake is?

I'll give you a hint.....

Candyland!!!!!!! I've ALWAYS wanted to do a Candyland cake. So, when JoAnn messaged me and said she wanted a glamorous Candyland cake for her adorable daughter's First Birthday...I COULDN't WAIT!


The cake was made of a french vanilla pound cake. The top tier was my MRs. Cupcake's secret nutella buttercream and the bottom half was strawberry filling!

Kayleigh's theme was a elegant take on candyland. I used the candyland fond to make the exact candyland lettering. This candy cloud was removable for her to keep if wanted.
See those gumdrops? They're Marshmellow fondant! Since the colors were to all be matching, I wanted to find a way to make gumdrops, and what gumdrops are complete without crystal sugar!!

I love that you can see everything here, the ice cream cone, the sprinkles, the gumdrops. I miss this cake!


Happy Birthday Kayleigh!! Love and Sprinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment