Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's the little things...that count

Laurie contacted us a while back about doing her cousin Debra's shower cake. The idea was for the cake to match the invitation incorporating hydrangeas and the blue in the cake. There were so many hydrangea flowers I couldn't keep track!
The cake was a vanilla bean sponge cake with strawberry mouse filling. (And I have to say left overs were wonderful lol)
Marshmellow fondant around the cake and gumpaste flowers on top.

I decided to add some very light quilting to give the cake some definition but not enough to take away from the simplicity from the cake. I decided to go with a nice puffed rounded side rather than circular, adorned with some polka dots.
Congratulations Debra!

2 comments:

  1. IT WAS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!! Everyone was ooh-ing & ahhh-ing the moment the cake came out. And when my cousin saw it she was awestruck! Thank you SOOO much Little Mrs. Cupcake for a beautiful cake and making my cousin's shower over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, you are more than welcome. You are an amazing person yourself sweetheart. Love and sprinkles <3

    ReplyDelete