Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baking in the light of Gramps...

Everyone has that man in their lives that means the world to them. That makes them believe that the perfect "Prince" from Disney will actually come and make your lives better. That makes marriage look like it's worth ever trial and error...

That person was my Grandfather. Today is the anniversary of one of the worst day's in my entire life.

He married the love of his life (Getting a tattoo with my grandmother's name on it after TWO dates) and took care of her like a princess.

I'd like to think that my Mom sister and I all got our baking skills and decorating skills from him. The quiet, mild mannered man was a handful in the kitchen. Cookies, pizza, Pasta... you name it. If someone wanted to help? "Out... Go inside". lol

Okay...so at least we know where we got our perfectionism from!!

My son, who loves to take the wisk and mix the mixes into the bowl already at 8 months reminds me of him already. Large working hands. Strong like an ox...

I only hope that my grandfather's love of baking and "Macho-ism" in the kitchen will be part of my son's personality. It sure is a large part of me my mother and sister's passion.

Seems like every family has "That" person that stands out to them. For us and my cousin's.... that person was our Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment