Monday, February 14, 2011

Disney...Christmas and Gardening... Who Would Have THought!


I was contacted by Christine a while ago about making her Mom a special cake. She asked if there was any way we could combine her favorite things... Christmas, Gardening and (My favorite...Disney!)

So right away I thought- Mickey heads in a garden! But I was a little confused with how to get christmas in there... Until i saw in my head a picket fence! Filled with garland of course!


These Mickey heads are gumpaste. I added alot of sparkle to give it that pixy magic and lots of little hand sculpted flowers and leaves. The top is crushed chocolate cookies with a three layer chocolate cake. Fillings are Chocolate with melted chocolate and Vanilla with real vanilla bean!




Here is a close up of the flowers that I love!!!
Christine, Thank you so much for allowing me to make this cake! It is my all time favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment