Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Life... Is A Beach...

My Mom loves two things above all others (besides me and my sister of course)...

The Beach.... And Ginger....(yes... ginger candy yuck!)

So, for her Birthday party I decided I would surprise her with a new creation... So I ran to the store and bought two bags of candied ginger... ginger cookies... and powdered ginger....
And decided to get started with her Beach cake :)



Let me start explaining each aspect of this cake :)

Classic chair... Mom just loves to sit and watch the waves. When we were little we would take our chairs to the water and just watch the waves for the day...
Chair is gumpaste....

After much trial and error, Iwas able to make ginger sand... Yes... lol
The sand is made of an old fashioned ginger snap crushed, and mixed with sugars and ginger...


There is no beach for Mom without a Volly ball. Mom and I both share in the love for Volley!

Each of the small shells and starfish were hand moulded as well


And I also (Because I would never use ginger) made some ginger cookies which, I tasted and tasted rather awesome!


Happy Birthday Mommy Cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment